Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Assignment #4

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night- Dylan Thomas



1.My emtions/feelings after reading this poem is sad and darkened. I feel like people are blinded of the good light and are on their way to death.



2. I chose this picture because this shows how the light is reflected away from the dark light. Pink Floyd named this album The Dark Side of the Moon.



We Real Cool- Gwendolyn Brooks



1. After reading this poem I feel fortunate and blessed to not be in this predicament. This poem talks about people who go through the motions of living a gang style life. I cannot relate to this poem for I have never lived like this.



2. This picture shows what can happen to people who go down a path of rebellion towards society, violence in communities, gang initiations, etc.



I felt a Funeral, in my Brain- Emily Dickinson



1. This poem is about how after hearing a loud noise right next to you, in that brief moment you stop and look around and carefully listen to every specific detail around you; How every little distraction can take your mind away.



2. This poem reminds me of the movie because I saw this in theaters last week and how this relates to the poem in my aspect is during the movie there are so many distractions and occurances that take away from the meaning of the film which is death and saying goodbye to someone.



The Road Not Taken- Robert Frost



1. This poem is a powerful one because to me it is about choosing either right or left. Which way is going to take where you want to be? In life there are choices and decisions needed to be made and unfortunatley you will not know outcomes to all of them. You will know you made the right choice once you get to where you want to be, the road less traveled.



2. This picture shows a man looking for the right direction in life. Which way will he choose? Only he will know.



If the World Was Crazy- Shel Silverstein



1. This poem happens to be my favorite because it takes you into a whole new world, a world we are not use to but a world where anything goes. This brings an emotional state of happiness because it is a happy poem.



2. This picture is a unique one. It is just so different from what we percieve of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment